I & E in 508
- Every day Monday - Friday except for Tuesday when they have Para Ti (Spanish) in the gym
- Students will receive & cut new "studied words" after every assessment
Supplies: The children are expected to come to each session with
- Daily Binders
- Their Word Cards in a baggie
- A pencil
What will my tests be like in Word Study?
- Assessments will be given every 5th day of class.
- Students’ assessments will include sorting "studied words" & "novel words" into their phonemic category(s)
- They should be studying their words daily as well as their phonemic category(s)
- There will be a minimum of 20 words assessed: 10 "studied words" - word list words & 10 "novel words" - which are new words with similar patterns
- Each word is worth 2 points:
- "Studied Words" = 1 point for correct spelling, 1 point for correct placement in phonemic category
- "New Words" = 1 point for correct use of feature (word study pattern) or word spelled correctly, 1 point for correct placement in phonemic category
Classwork Grade: The other component of their final marking period average will be their classwork.
Classwork consists of:
Work during independent activities
Click on this link to learn about some ideas for how to study your words each night:
Last Modified on 9/3/2012 7:04:14 PM